In the Media
Dr. Sommerville on TV
Dr. Sommerville has appeared on....
- “It’s a Woman’s World”, Channel 16 Montgomery Municipal Cable on April 16th and 23rd at 8 PM as a recognized expert on skin cancer, related topics and controversies.
Introducing Latisse® for Eyelash Enhancement
Latisse® is the only FDA approved product designed to safely and effectively increase the length, thickness and darkness of eyelashes. Latisse® is applied once nightly to the eyelashes with sterile applicators included with the product. Results are visible as early as 8 weeks. Please call our office at 301.656.SKIN to schedule a consultation about Latisse® and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this new exciting product.
Featured in national media and many beauty magazines, Fraxel laser has been getting unprecedented attention as a true innovation in the area of skin rejuvenation. It treats wrinkles, melasma, dark spots, and acne scars. Due to the “fractional technology”, thousands of tiny but deep columns of skin known as microscopic treatment zones are affected leaving the surrounding tissue untouched. This allows the skin to heal much faster than if the entire area were treated at once. Clinical experience suggests that on average, an effective treatment regimen is 3 to 5 sessions spaced about 2 to 4 weeks apart. Results are immediate and progressive. Optimal improvement occurs in about 3 months. Only topical anesthesia is required in most cases. The procedure takes approximately 25 minutes for the full face. Transient discomfort, redness, exfoliation and swelling are typically the only side effects of the treatment. Make-up can be applied soon after the treatment. Fraxel is also appropriate for treatment of the sun damage on the neck, chest, hands and arms.
Introducing the Ultimate Skin Rejuvenation Therapy
SAPPHIRE 3™ PHOTO ABRASION THERAPY
THE NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART SWISS TECHNOLOGY representing the ultimate combination of no-downtime, painless rejuvenation treatments for fine lines and wrinkles, enlarged/clogged pores, hyperpigmentation, acne, scars, anti-aging skin rejuvenation and more…
The treatment includes:
- The Sapphire Abrasion named after actual Sapphire granules used to painlessly remove the outer most surface layers of the skin.
- Vitamin and nutrient infused exfoliation delivering the natural benefits of sweet almond, sweet almond oil, glycol, field horsetail and citrus limonum.
- Relaxing Massage and Lymphatic Drainage to detoxify and regenerate the tissues.
- Light therapy with red monochromatic light delivered via 24 carat gold-plated handles stimulating collagen production and promoting elasticity. Microcurrent is simultaneously delivered to stimulate muscle toning, tightening and lifting.
- Light therapy with blue LED light which can destroy bacteria known to cause acne while calming and healing the inflamed skin.
This powerful anti-aging, smoothing, softening and hydrating facial reduces fine lines and encourages skin renewal by delivering the benefits of sugar cane extract (a source of glycolic acid), citric acid, apple extract, retinol, vitamin B3, aloe vera, licorice extract, grape seed and rosemary extract, and green tea. It awakens your senses evoking aromas of cinnamon spice and peppermint.
A popular addition to the Innovative Facial is an Eye Bright Treatment targeting the special needs of this delicate area to reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles, encourage microcirculation, and provide maximum hydration.
WHAT'S NEW IN SUN PROTECTION
The Food and Drug Administration has approved Mexoryl® SX, a breakthrough in sun protection! Available in Europe since 1993, Mexoryl® SR protects the skin from the harmful short ultraviolet A (UVA) rays and does not degrade when exposed to the sun which has been a concern with most of previously available UVA sunscreens. UVA (short and long) rays account for up to 95% of the UV radiation that reaches the Earth. Unlike the ultraviolet B (UVB) rays, which remain primarily at the top (epidermal) layer of the skin, UVA rays penetrate deeper and account for more that 80% of the damage that occurs in the skin in terms of aging. UVA rays are present all year long and can penetrate through windows and clouds. The first product containing Mexoryl® SR in the U.S. is ANTHELIOS SX.